WE PROVIDE LATEST UPDATE REGARDING YOUR ORBI ROUTER & ORBI SATELLITE. ALL NEW TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO RESOLVE ISSUES RELATED TO YOUR ORBI WIFI MESH SYSTEM.
Know about Orbi Router & Satellite LEDs
Orbi WiFi Mesh System LED Descriptions-
Connect your Orbi Mesh System to access www.orbilogin.com before Setup Wizard
- Before Setup, powers cycle your network. (Modem, Existing Router if any)
- Connect Ethernet cable from modem to the internet port of your Orbi router.
- Plug the power into the Orbi Router.
- Press the On/Off button for LED to come up.
- Now check if you have internet LED solid.
- Connect to the Orbi Wireless network. Find the default password under the Orbi router on the label.
- Once connected visit orbilogin.net/www.orbilogin.com
- Follow the instructions on the Orbi genie page.
- You can add satellites also on the same page.
Sync Orbi Satellites with Orbi Router
- Place the satellite in the same room where you placed the router for the sync process.
- Plug the power to your satellite.
- Press the Power On/Off button.
- The satellite’s ring LED will turn to solid white or magenta.
- Press the sync button on the router and within 2 minutes press sync button on the satellite.
The satellite’s ring LED pulses white, then lights will do one of the following colors for about three minutes and then turns off.
- Blue– This means router and satellite are synced successfully and the connection is good.
- Amber– This means router and satellite are synced successfully but the connection is fair. Move the satellite closer to the Orbi router.
Frequently Asked Question
NOTE – Resetting your Orbi wifi system will bring all your Orbi router settings to factory default.
STEPS TO RESET YOUR ORBI WIFI SYSTEM
- Orbi WiFi router should be plugged into power.
- Use a paper clip or pin, press and hold the reset button until power LED blinks amber on Orbi router.
- Make sure your Orbi WiFi system should be plugged into power and the power LED is solid green.
- The device on which you are trying to reach orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net, it should be connected to the Orbi WiFi system. Hardwired or Wireless
- To access Orbilogin.net or Orbilogin.com use default IP Address which is 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1
- Make sure the modem is connected to orbi router to the Internet port on your Orbi.
- Use a different browser if you cannot access orbilogin.net.
- You can always use a different devices to access orbilogin.com.
- Power cycle your modem for 5 minutes and also your Orbi wifi router.
- Reset your Orbi Wifi system. ( reset blog link)
How to update the firmware on your Orbi router:
- Download the latest firmware from NETGEAR Download Center and save it to the desired location on your computer.
- Now, using a computer that is connected to your Orbi router via an Ethernet cable launch any internet browser.
Do not use a computer that is wirelessly connected to the router. A wireless connection might corrupt the router and render it unusable.
- Typeorbilogin.comin the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the username and password. The default username is “admin” and type in the password that you set up during the initial setup. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Go to the Firmware Upgrade page. Select ADVANCED.
- Click Administration under the ADVANCED tab. Now, click the Firmware Update button.
- Click the manual update tab.
- Click Browse to locate the previously downloaded firmware file. Do not select the wrong file.
- Click UPLOAD to upload the firmware file on to the router. The upload will take a couple of minutes.
- Click YES to continue. After the Netgear Orbi has updated, make sure you check the firmware version.
The firmware on your Netgear Orbi router will be updated. You can start using your router as you desire.
- Download the latest firmware for your Netgear Orbi satellite from the NETGEAR Download Center and save it to the desired location.
- Now, using the computer connected to the Netgear Orbi via the Ethernet wire launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Type orbilogin.com in the address bar of the browser.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information of the router. The default username is “admin” and type in the password that you set up during the initial setup. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Go to the Firmware Upgrade page. Select ADVANCED.
- Click Administration. Now click the Firmware Update option.
- Click the Manual Update button. Select the checkbox next to your satellite’s model number.
- Click the Update button. A firmware window will open for your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- If you are prompted for the password, type in the same admin password you typed in for the router.
- Click the BROWSE button to locate the previously downloaded file on your computer.
- Click the Upload button to upload the firmware of the Orbi satellite. It will take a couple of minutes to upload the firmware.
- After the Netgear Orbi satellite has finished updating, make sure you check for the version of the firmware.
The firmware on your Netgear Orbi satellite will now be updated. You can start using your satellite as you desire.
NOTE – It is advised that the user always updates the firmware on the Netgear Orbi satellite before updating the firmware on the router. Do not update the firmware on the router and the satellite at the same time.