Worrying about how are you going to install your Orbi Wi-Fi Range Extender? For installations, you should first connect the cable to the router. You can do that by simply following these instructions mentioned here:
- First and foremost, you should cable your router. For that, you’ll be required to Unplug your modem’s power. Then leave the modem connected to the wall jack for gaining access to the Internet services. If in case, your modem has a battery backup, you should disconnect the battery immediately.
- Then you should plugin and switch on the modem. If the modem is equipped with a battery backup, you should put the battery back in.
- Then the modem should duly be connected to the Internet port of the router with the yellow Ethernet cable that comes along with the router.
- Now the power adapter should be connected to the router. Carefully plug the power adapter into an outlet.
- Lastly, if the Power LED fails to illuminate, press the Power On/Off button on the rear panel of the router to make sure that it starts operating.
Next: you should place your satellite
If in case you get a satellite along with the Orbi Wi-Fi system, attempt to sync it with your router. Also, for an add-on satellite, you must manually sync the satellite. Now, it is imperative to note that the satellites must be within the range of the router’s WiFi signal for a quick sync with the router. Each satellite’s ring LED should be employed for determining the precise position of your satellite. Now, you should try syncing your Orbi Satellite. The sync procedure for the satellite is highly dependable on the fact whether the satellite in question came the Orbi WiFi System, or it is add-on satellite.